Recipe of the Month: Grilled Veggie Panini
Select your favorite veggies, here are some of our recommendations:
- 2 small Japanese eggplants or 1 medium to large regular eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- Handful of organic spinach & arugula
- 2 Tbsp Classic Hummus (use spicy if you want to kick it up a notch)
- 2 small slice of avocado
- 1 slice of preferred cheese, recommended: provolone
- 2 slices of bread, recommended ones include: baguettes, ciabiatta, olive bread or even Ezekiel.
Preheat panini grill to medium-high heat (375 degrees). Brush olive oil on both sides of veggies and place on the grill. Close the lid and grill vegetables for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
Brush olive oil onto the outer sides of each slice of bread. On the bottom bread slices (oil side down), spread a layer of hummus. Top with slices of veggies and cheese and top bread slice (oil side up).
Grill 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted and golden grill marks appear.
Serve and enjoy! You’ll hear the echoes of “yum” all the way around the table.